WE-MPSB: Multilayer Power Suppression Bead
Wurth Electronics' WE-MPSB series is the world’s first ferrite bead that specifies how it performs under high current transients. This unique bead protects and extends the life of your application. It features an ultra-low RDC which delivers the lowest self-heating in its class at high currents. The WE-MPSB is ideal for DC/DC applications requiring high efficiency.
The innovative design in detail
WE-MPSB optimizes high current vs. RDC performance with up to 75% RDC reduction in comparison to similar components while maintaining a high impedance over a wide frequency range.
Optimized layer design for muscular peak current capability
Greater trace cross sectional area for ultra-low RDC
High peak current rating to maximize lifetime
Greatly improved peak current rating
High impedances over wide frequency bandwidths with up to 40% higher rated current and up to 20x higher peak current capability than standard ferrite beads.
- Peak current is up to 20 times higher than rated current
- Up to 40% higher rated current compared with similar products
- Optimized layer design to achieve ultra-low RDC and muscular rated current
- High impedance over a wide frequency range at rated current
- Minimized DC bias influence to impedance
The WE-MPSB is ideal for use with an input capacitor in power supplies.
- Transient hostile environments
- Filter for inrush current applications
- Input/output filter of hot swap controllers
- Hot board insertion
- Electronic circuit breakers
- Industrial high-side switch/circuit breakers
- Motor interference suppression
- Input/output filter for DC/DC converter
Standard chip bead ferrites are not designed for fast transients. This makes them vulnerable to peak current in critical environments
The WE-MPSB is a muscular bead that can be exposed to peak currents without any damage. Its optimized layer design and ultra-low RDC protect and extend the life of your application.
It is a solution you cannot afford to overlook.