Digi International's XBee RF modules provide OEMs with a common footprint shared by multiple platforms, including multipoint and ZigBee®/Mesh topologies, and both 2.4 GHz and 900 MHz solutions. OEMs deploying the XBee can substitute one XBee for another, depending upon dynamic application needs, with minimal development, reduced risk, and shorter time-to-market.
XBee 802.15.4 RF modules are ideal for applications requiring low latency and predictable communication timing. Providing quick, robust communication in point-to-point, peer-to-peer, and multipoint/star configurations, XBee 802.15.4 products enable robust end-point connectivity with ease. Whether deployed as a pure cable replacement for simple serial communication, or as part of a more complex hub-and-spoke network of sensors, XBee 802.15.4 RF modules maximize performance and ease of development. XBee 802.15.4 modules seamlessly interface with compatible gateways, device adapters, and range extenders, providing developers with true beyond-the-horizon connectivity.
The updated XBee S2C 802.15.4 modules are built with Silicon Labs' EM357 SoC and offer improved power consumption, support for over-the-air firmware updates, and provide an upgrade path to DigiMesh® or ZigBee mesh protocols if desired.
Digi International also offers its wireless connectivity kits that provide a hands-on way to learn how to use XBee RF modules for device connectivity and sensor networking.
XBee S2C 802.15.4 RF Modules Benefits
- Simple, out-of-the-box RF communications, no configuration needed
- Point-to-multipoint network topology
- 2.4 GHz for worldwide deployment
- Common XBee footprint for a variety of RF modules
- Industry leading sleep current of sub 1 µA
- Firmware upgrades via UART, SPI, or over the air
- Migratable to DigiMesh and ZigBee PRO protocols and vice-versa
Wireless Connectivity Kits include
- Two XBee grove development boards
- Two XBee 802.15.4 modules
- Two Micro-USB cables
- Two XBee stickers
XBee S2C 802.15.4 RF Modules