Maxim’s MAX2250xE family of ESD-protected RS-485/RS-422 transceivers are developed for high speed communication over long cables (up to 100 Mbps).
The transceivers feature an integrated hot-swap protection and a fail-safe receiver, ensuring a logic-high on the receiver output when input signals are shorted or open for longer than 10 μs (typical).
The MAX22500E features an integrated reemphasis circuitry that extends the distance and increases the data rate of reliable communication by reducing inter-symbol interference (ISI) caused by long cables. The MAX22500E features a flexible logic interface down to 1.6 V. It is available in a 10-pin TDFN-EP package
The MAX22501E operates without the preemphasis and is powered from a 3 V to 5.5 V supply. It is available in an 8-pin TDFN-EP package.
The MAX22502E features a large receiver hysteresis for high noise rejection and improved signal integrity. It also has the integrated preemphasis circuitry when supplied with 5 V. It is available in a 12-pin TDFN-EP package.
This family of transceivers can operate over the -40°C to +125°C ambient temperature range.
- High-speed operation over long distances
- Up to 100 Mbps data rate
- Integrated preemphasis extends cable length
- High receiver sensitivity
- Wide receiver bandwidth
- Symmetrical receiver thresholds
- Flexibility for many different applications
- 3 V to 5.5 V supply range
- Low voltage logic supply down to 1.6 V
- Low 5 μA (max.) shutdown current
- Available in 12-pin TDFN (3 mm x 3 mm) package
- -40°C to +125°C operating temperature range
- Integrated protection increases robustness
- -15 V to +15 V common mode range
- ±15 kV ESD protection (human body model)
- ±7 kV IEC61000-4-2 air-gap ESD protection
- ±6 kV IEC61000-4-2 contact discharge ESD protection
- Driver outputs are short-circuit protected
- Industrial control systems
- Motion control
- Backplane busses
- Encoder interfaces
- Field bus networks