NXP's i.MX RT1050 is built upon decades of leadership experience in providing both MCUs and applications processors for the consumer, industrial, and the IoT markets. NXP has developed a series of embedded processors that fully embodies the best of two worlds: applications processors and microcontrollers.
The i.MX RT1050 crossover processors are based on Arm® Cortex®-M7 core, and offer twice the performance and twice the level of integration compared to other solutions.
The i.MX RT1050 processors are the first solutions in the market that truly bridge the gap between MCUs and applications processors. They bring applications processor-level performance into the MCU world in support of real-time, performance-intensive processing functions such as camera and display capabilities.
The i.MX RT1050 crossover processors are designed to support the next generation IoT applications with a high level of integration and security, balanced with MCU-level usability at an affordable price.
The i.MX RT1050 is the first product to launch within the NXP i.MX RT series.
- Cortex-M7 up to 600 MHz, 50% faster than any other existing M7 products
- 20 ns interrupt latency, a true real-time processor
- 512 KB SRAM, configurable to 512 KB TCM
- Motor control: flex PWM X 4, quad timer X 4, ENC X 4
- 2x USB, 2x SDIO, 2x CAN, 1x ENET with 1588, 8x UART, 4x SPI, 4x I2C
- 8/16-bit CSI interface and 8/16/24-bit LCD interface
- Quad-SPI interface with bus encryption engine
- Audio interface: 3x SAI/ SPDIF RX and TX/ 1x ESAI
- TRNG and PRNG (NIST SP 800-90 Certified)
- 128-AES cryptography
- Bus encryption engine: protects QSPI Flash content
- Audio subsystems
- Professional microphones, guitar pedals
- Consumer products
- Smart appliances, cameras, LCDs
- Home and building automation
- HVAC climate control, security, lighting control panels, IoT gateways
- Industrial computing designs
- EBS, PLCs, factory automation, test and measurement, M2M, HMI control assembly line robotics
- Motor control and power conversion
- 3D printers, thermal printers, unmanned autonomous vehicles, robotic vacuum cleaners