ROHM’s 3rd generation SiC MOSFETs utilize a proprietary trench gate structure that reduces ON-resistance by 50% and input capacitance by 35% compared with existing planar-type SiC MOSFETs. This translates to significantly lower switching loss and faster switching speeds, improving efficiency while reducing power loss in a variety of equipment.
- Lower ON-resistance improves inverter power density
- Supports high-speed switching
- Minimal reverse recovery behavior of the parasitic diode
- Small Qg and parasitic capacitance
- Eliminates degradation caused by parasitic diode conduction
- Compatible with high-temperature operation (Tjmax=175°C)
3rd Generation Trench-Type SiC MOSFETs