Harwin’s Gecko Screw-Lok series delivers high reliability with a smaller footprint and increased design flexibility. The ruggedized screw fixings have a 2 mm screw thread for maximum strain relief and security. Able to withstand repeated mating cycles without damage. Gecko-SL connectors have captive screws with hex socket heads to prevent slipping during assembly and a “mate before lock” feature for fast assembly and increased usability.
The miniature size of the Gecko SL connector results in a space and weight savings on the board. Up to 45% footprint savings and up to a 75% weight saving compared to Micro-D. Lightweight aluminum hoods deliver enhanced electrical continuity, cable protection, and effective EMI/RFI shielding. Pre-wired contacts are available for prototyping and pre-production.
- 2.8 A per contact in isolation and 2.0 A all contacts simultaneously
- Four-finger beryllium copper contact design for high reliability
- Durability: 1,000 operations
- Operational temperature: -65°C/+150°C
- Shock severity Z axis: 981 mm/s2 (100 g) for 6 ms
- Moldings: glass-filled thermoplastic UL94V-0 (halogen and red phosphorus-free)
- Three polarizing points to prevent mismating
- Potting wall feature
- No. 1 position identified on molding
- Metal backshell available to shield cable assemblies