The 1553W IP65 sealed version of the stylish, ergonomically designed 1553 handheld enclosure family from Hammond Manufacturing, is intended for housing any electronics that will be used in environments where dust and water is likely to be present. It features an ergonometric curved shape that fits comfortably into the hand and is available in three sizes: 4.62" x 3.11" x 0.98" (117 mm x 79 mm x 25 mm), 4.62" x 3.11" x 1.26" (117 mm x 79 mm x 32 mm), and 5.80" x 3.54" x 0.98" (147 mm x 90 mm x 25 mm). All sizes are molded in UL94-V0 flame-retardant ABS in RAL 7035 light gray or RAL 9011 black, both over-molded with RAL 7012 gray soft side grips.
The top cover is recessed to allow a membrane keypad to be flush mounted, and PCB standoffs are provided in the top and base. The IP65 environmental sealing is achieved by a rubber gasket in a slot in the base. The top and base are assembled with four screws that locate into brass inserts in the top molding, facilitating repeated access to the housed electronics. The fixing positions are outside the gasket, ensuring the integrity of the seal. An integral end panel forms part of the top cover, providing an easy to machine area for cable entry, switches, and indicators.
- Ergonomically designed for hand-held comfort
- Designed to meet IP65. Uses a one piece silicone gasket (installed). Enclosure utilizes tongue and groove construction - molded into the top and bottom halves
- Choice of three sizes in two colors
- Molded in flame-retardant ABS plastic (FRABS) - UV stabilized. With a gray over-mold, soft plastic grip
- Top cover is recessed for membrane display or keypad
- Front panel is an integral part of the top half of the enclosure
- PC board standoffs are molded into both the top and bottom of the enclosure. Standoff screws (M2) not included
- Choice of two enclosure colors, light gray (RAL 7035) or black (RAL 9011) - soft side "grip" plastic color is gray (RAL 7012)
- Enclosure is secured with black Philips, stainless steel, machine screws, threaded into integral brass bushings. Perfect for applications when repetitive assembly and disassembly are required